What is a Conveyor System?
A conveyor system is a mechanical material handling equipment that transport material and products from one location to another with minimal effort.
The ability of quick and efficient transport of a wide variety of goods, products and other materials from one location to another, usually in the same area or building, make them very popular in manufacturing and packaging industries.
Why Conveyor System is important?
In various industry sectors, the goods and products that are to be transported from one location to another are too heavy or too bulky for humans to carry by hand, especially in multi-level floors building.
In that case, we need conveyor systems that can move loads of all shapes, sizes and weights without any accidents.
How does a Conveyor System work?
Mainly a conveyor system consist three parts:-
- Drive Unit
- Belt Support
Typically, conveyor systems have a belt stretched across two or more motorized pulley forming a closed loop around the pulleys for rotation.
When motors in the pulleys operate at the same speed and spin in the same direction, the drive pulley, drives or tows the belt, enabling the movement of items from one location to another.
Sometimes to prevent drooping down of heavy or bulky materials from conveyor system on the floor, Rollers are placed on the sides of the belt to keep them on one place when transporting over a long distance.
Benefits or advantages of using conveyor system
Due to the following benefits, conveyor systems are used across a wide range of industries:-
- Can safely transport materials from one level to another in multi-story building.
- Can increase productivity, reduce labor cost and save time.
- Easy to install almost anywhere, and are much safer than forklift or other machine to move materials.
- Can safely move goods or products of different shapes, sizes and weights.
- Variety of conveyor systems and customized conveyor system solutions available according to the requirement.